The Crossings on the Peninsula has asked me to share information from my profession with the public on August 23 and September 20. Both talks are planned for 2:00 PM. The Crossings is located at 3540 Victory Blvd. in Yorktown, VA. They provide assisted living and memory care for seniors. The public is invited to the talks.
The first talk is entitled “Hearing, Listening, and the Brain – Part 1.”
- Effects of hearing loss on emotions, behavior, and relationships
- The connection between hearing difficulty and falls risk in seniors
- Medical options for better hearing
- Strategies for better communication
The second talk is entitled “Hearing, Listening, and the Brain – Part 2.”
- How modern hearing technology can work with your brain
- PSAPs, hearables, & hearing aids: what’s the difference?
- How to navigate the hearing care marketplace
I expect some questions from the first audience may touch on issues I’ll address in the second talk. To these questions I’ll give brief answers that I hope will satisfy, but for the most part they’ll have to wait for it.